1. Before you say anything to anyone, ask yourself 3 things:
A. Is it true?
B. Is it kind?
C. Is it necessary?
2. Make promises sparingly and keep them faithfully.
3. Never miss the opportunity to compliment or say something encouraging
4. Refuse to talk negatively about others; don't gossip and don't listen
5. Have a forgiving view of people. Believe that most people are doing
the best they can.
6. Keep an open mind; discuss, but don't argue. (It is possible to
disagree without being disagreeable.)
7. Forget about counting to 10. Count to 1,000 before doing or saying
anything that could make matters worse.
8. Let your virtues speak for themselves.
9. If someone criticizes you, see if there is any TRUTH to what he is
saying; if so, make changes. If there is no truth to the criticism,
ignore it and live so that no one will believe the negative remark.
10. Cultivate your sense of humor; laughter is the shortest distance
between two people.
11. Do not seek so much to be consoled, as to console; do not seek so
much to be understood, as to understand; do not seek so much to be loved as